Is Cohousing Right for You?
Find out by taking this questionnaire!
If you can answer "yes" to 10 or more questions, you are a great fit for cohousing and will enjoy planning and living in our Greek Village cohousing community.
1. Do you like the idea of getting to know your neighbors as friends? We are an "intentional community" of people who choose to care about one another and share time together. Are you comfortable considering living in a supportive community full time and having your primary residence in Greece so that you can be a supportive neighbor to others?
2. Are you comfortable with paying for a home price that includes an additional percentage price for our shared, generous Common House? We will all have fully apppointed private homes, but we also pay for a large and generous Common House we share. This Common House will include rooms such as a kitchen & dining area, library, children's playroom, work out room, workshop maker space, and guest rooms. You will need to budget for a home price that is slightly more expensive because it includes your share of the collectively owned Common House home as well.
3. Do you like the idea of cooking delicious Mediterranean food together and eating meals with your neighbors several times a week? Would you be willing to be on a cook team a few times a month to help prepare or clean up from a community meal? This is an important cohousing practice that brings neighbors together. We plan to cook and eat together 4 times a week.
4. Do you like the idea of living with people of all different ages? Are you willing to invest in community spaces to ensure our multigenerational community thrives? - The whole community invests in children's play spaces, remote professionals work spaces, and ageing in place features.
5. Do you see yourself as someone who likes privacy but feels the need for easy access to connections, collaboration, and fun? We are the best of both worlds. We create and honor private homes and small backyard spaces, but we focus mostly on specific design for easy access to neighbors and activities right outside our front door.
6. Are you willing to do without a garage attached to your house? Our cars are on the periphery, and we enter our community on pedestrian pathways so that our children can play freely and safely and so that we have moments of simple connection as we go about our day.
7. Would you enjoy common outdoor gardens, outdoor cooking, and outdoor activities? We love to spend a lot of time outdoors. Our land is held in common. We work together to take care of it, and we plan to use it to have a lot of fun!
8. Do you regard yourself as a problem solver and enjoy contributing to group solutions? We manage our community together and have routine meetings to ensure our community is running smoothly. We also engage in routine continuing education on conflict resolution and other cohousing skills.
9. Do you like the look of thoughtfully designed living spaces built with the latest sustainable materials? We are serious about incorporating sustainable living design into our community when affordable.
10. Are you willing to share some of your time, talent, and effort in committees and workgroups that benefit the community?
11. Do you want to consume less “stuff” and reduce waste through sharing and cooperation in daily life? We are part of the sharing economy for sustainable living.
12. Would you enjoy living in a community that is mutually supportive and encourages interaction, while honoring each person’s privacy?