Is Cohousing Right for You?
Find out by taking this questionnaire!
If you can answer "yes" to 10 or more questions, you are a great fit for cohousing and will enjoy planning and living in our Greek Village cohousing community.
1. Do you like the idea of getting to know your neighbors as friends?
2. Do you like the idea of buying your own private home as well as a share in a large, beautiful Common House with a large kitchen & dining area, library, children's playroom, work out room, workshop maker space, and guest rooms?
3. Do you like the idea of cooking delicious Mediterranean food together and eating meals with your neighbors several times a week? Would you be willing to be on a cook team a few times a month to help prepare or clean up from a community meal? This is an important cohousing practice that brings neighbors together.
4. Are you willing to invest in community spaces to ensure our multigenerational community thrives? - children's play spaces, remote professionals work spaces, and ageing in place features?
5. Are you willing to forgo your first choice kitchen countertop in order to gain a supportive group of neighbors who care about you and are there for you? We collaborate together to create our own community. The collaboration creates something extremely special, beautiful, and uniquely ours, and it also requires compromise for the sake of gaining supportive community.
6. Are you willing to do without a garage attached to your house? Our cars are on the periphery, and we enter our community on pedestrian pathways. Our homes are close together village style and look onto wonderful common gardens, pedestrian pathways, and places to linger and chat. Our children play freely and safely without cars.
7. Would you enjoy common outdoor gardens, outdoor cooking and outdoor activities? We love to spend a lot of time outdoors. Our land is held in common, and we work together to take care of it.
8. Do you regard yourself as a problem solver and enjoy contributing to group solutions?
9. Do you like the look of thoughtfully designed living spaces built with the latest sustainable materials?
10. Are you willing to share some of your time, talent, and effort in committees and workgroups that benefit the community?
11. Do you want to consume less “stuff” and reduce waste through sharing and cooperation in daily life?
12. Would you enjoy living in a community that is mutually supportive and encourages interaction, while honoring each person’s privacy?